I was literally staring at my computer trying to figure out what to write about today when I got an email pop up showing I had a new message, the subject line was “$66.50”
This email was a friendly reminder from Kiva, reminding me that I have repayments from the loans I have made and now have excess money to lend to entrepreneurs featured on their site. A few years ago my boss gave me a Kiva account with money in it and I have continued to use and grow this account in the last 3 years later.
The premise of Kiva is very simple;
- Chose a borrower
- Make a loan
- Get repaid
Kiva is a non profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and worldwide network of micro finance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
What I personally love about Kiva is that it empowers individuals who wouldn’t normally have access to loans and gives them a chance to build a future for themselves.
Another feature of Kiva that I just discovered is the ability to build teams in support of Kiva. I am now part of Team Canada, here a few other of the top teams:
As always I have simplified Kiva down into my own words, it really is worth checking out their site for more details at Kiva.org, you won’t regret it!
Have a great day everyone!
If you know anyone else that maybe interested in supporting Kiva, please share this post with them.
Video Posted on Updated on
http://www.amway.ca/karenulmanis Easily view products
For those of you who follow my blog you may notice I have changed themes, again.
I am really starting to see good traffic flow through to the site, I am now up to 79 followers! Thank you so much for following my blog, I am beyond grateful.
For those with a blog, like me you probably review your stats page. What I am noticing is though I am getting a lot of traffic to my posts, I am not getting a lot of people going to the other pages, and specifically the products page. This page is obviously important as I am trying to sell a product.
So I needed to find ways to show case the Amway products. I tried posting them to the blog as you would have noticed a few blogs ago, the gallery feature is pretty cool. However I don’t find it fits in the blog section. I feel it takes away from the content I am posting. By changing the theme, I was able to find a free one that positions the titles of my other pages in a more visible area.
I am already seeing results, far more repeat visitors today and they are clicking on the other pages. Perfect!
This actually was a little bit of work, here are a few mistakes I made, hopefully this will help you avoid them;
- Not all font sizes are created equal – The font size with this theme is much to small. It could just be my 45 year old eyes, but I needed to change it. I could have upgraded for 30$ and been able to customize it a bit but I still couldn’t get the font size I wanted. Luckily you can google anything and find a solution. A little HTML added in text mode solved my problem. However I have to go back and add it to all my previous post. Bare with me, I won’t have it all done today. ( and just writing this post was more work then I want, so chose a theme with a font you can live with)
- Sidebars – be sure to really make changes in the preview mode. Not all side bars are the same and many have limited functionality and may not display the way you want them to. So be sure to test it out first. You can make changes to your blog in preview mode and easily exit out without making permanent changes.
- Widgets – be prepared to lose some of your widgets, some of them were still there but many were gone and I had to re add them. You may want to take note of the widgets you already have. It’s not the end of the world but took time setting them all back up.
- Advertising – Though I haven’t done this yet and can’t decide if I want to or not, you should look for themes that have 3 columns so you have room to advertise on the both sides of your page. You may also want to have a theme with room at the top for ads.
- Comments – I only noticed after I changed the theme and made my adjustments that it is not as easy to leave a comment with this theme. With the previous theme, the comment box was on the home page with each post. with this theme you will need to click on the post title, scroll to the bottom and leave your comment there. I am not sure how long I will be able to live with this option but we will see.
Hopefully this will be the last theme I have, well at least for a while. I actually think freshening up our blogs is a great idea. Maybe just not 3 themes in 1 month!
Have a great evening everyone! and again thank you for following.
I know I blog about a lot of different topics and all very relevant to this challenge, however I don’t want to lose site of the high quality products Amway has to offer.
So check them out, contact me if you are interested in buying any of these or other Amway products at a discount.
Have a great night everyone!
Would love to read your feedback. 🙂 and if you know anyone who maybe interested in extra income, please share my blog with them.
For todays post I am defining success in the monetary sense. Financial success is just one of the many measures
that I strive towards, in what I feel is my own personal success.
I think you probably know that I am going to say “YES” to the question. A resounding yes, and here is why I feel this way.
1.Clear thinking in middle of chaos.
How many times at work are you under pressure to meet a deadline, come in on budget, deal with complex employee relation issues. We have all been there. Meditating even just 10 minutes a day can help you feel relaxed, focused and calm during moments of crisis. You learn to detach yourself from the situation and see it rationally instead of emotionally.
2. Better strategic thinker.
To me being strategic is simply being more creative and meditating can give you creativity in spades. Meditating allows you to quiet your mind of the same thoughts you have over and over again. Rarely do we have new thoughts, which makes it very difficult to be creative and thus strategic. Allow your mind to stop the chatter and allow new creativity in.
3. Stronger people skills.
Being able to connect with people is the key to success, especially when you are in sales. Meditating teaches us to live in a space of non judgement. This non judgement allows us to listen and to see people for who they really are, not what our perceptions are. Have you ever met someone and immediately formed a judgment about them, but once you got to know them you felt totally different? Meditating can help avoid the up front judgement and get right to the heart of person you are working with, avoiding a lot of wasted time and energy.
4. Overcoming our fears!
Not everyone will admit but there are many times in our professional career when we go out on a limb in hopes that what we are doing, proposing or working towards will be accepted. I experience this every time I am required to send an email to a large audience. Will they accept my concept? Does my concept even make sense? Fear can hold us back from meeting out goals and taking new steps. Meditation has given me a confidence in myself that I didn’t know I had. If there is ever anything in my life that I am not 100% confident with, I will meditate on it, more specifically I will visualize my success during my mediation practice. This is not a new concepts, athletes use it all the time but it is very useful for everyone and for anything you are trying to accomplish. Try it, it works!
If you are interested in trying meditation, you tube is full of wonderful guided meditations to get you started. There is no need to spend even a penny to meditate!
Also Deepak Chopra just started a 21 day on line meditation you may want to try, https://chopracentermeditation.com/experience
As always, I would love it if you would share my blog with your friends and please follow along.
Thanks to all of you who currently follow me, I am very grateful!!
Have a great evening!
Environmental changes start at home, with our own families…
The corner stone of Amway has been their cleaning products. In 1959, the original product offered, was Liquid Organic Cleaner (L.O.C.). It was the first concentrated, bio-degradable, and environmentally friendly cleaning product. Since then, Amway has expanded from home products to a global leader in the categories of health and beauty.
Here is what Awmay has to say about their products.
Naturally Derived Ingredients
We’ve been making this stuff for over 50 years and we’ve learned a lot about how to make products that are both safe and effective. That’s why many of our products contain ingredients derived from coconut oil, orange oil, and aloe vera. That’s also why they work so well.
Safe & Tested
Our products do not contain ammonia, chlorine, or other harsh chemicals – so you can breathe easily while you clean up.
We also make sure that formulas you’re likely to touch are all dermatologist tested – just one more assurance that these products are safe for you and your family.
Not all brands make their ingredients known, but we do. To find them, just look online at Amway.com in the U.S. and Amway.ca in Canada and click on the More tab from any LEGACY OF CLEAN product page to see that product’s ingredients.
Many competitors’ “green” cleaning products simply don’t work, while products that do work often contain harmful chemicals you wouldn’t want to expose your family to. We believe that cleaning products should be both highly effective and safe for you and your loved ones.
If you are interested in cleaning products that are both Safe and Effective, go to my Amway store and place an order.
If you have any questions, please go to my contacts page, or leave a comment.
Thanks for reading and following.
166$ that is how much it cost me to invest into this business.
Let’s look at what 166$ dollars can buy;
- a nice dinner out with your significant other
- maybe an outfit at the Gap
- 2 ski passes for the day
- a trip to Costco on a very good day!!
- a pair of good runners
You get the idea….
Let’s look what you get for your 166$ investment with Amway and more importantly an investment into yourself.
- Own your own business and generate revenue 3 ways:
- Retail Margin – on products you sell
- Performance Bonuses
- Growth Incentives
How do you currently earn a living at work? I am assuming most of us are salaried employees where our performance is not reflected in our pay check. Joining Amway puts you in charge of your pay check.
- Purchase and sell exclusive, high quality products.
Amway doesn’t tell you how much to sell your products for, you can sell at a discount or wholesale if you like, you are the Boss!
- Free training and support
Training ranges from on line, training material in your start up kit, your sponsor and their team. It’s in Amway’s best interest for you to succeed.
- Money Back Guarantee
- 180 day, 100% satisfaction on all products.
- 100% money back guarantee on your registration fee in the first 90 days, that’s 3 months!!
- 100% moneys back on training and services purchased and returned through an approved provider in the first 90 days after you register.
So basically if you are even just a little bit dissatisfied you can send it all back and get a FULL REFUND.
If this resonates with you as a no brainer, go to my contacts page and send me message.
Have a great evening everyone! or day or morning, I have noticed on my blog stats that I have readers from all over the world 🙂 Thank you!!
As always, please follow my blog, ask a question, leave a comment, share my blog with your friends, or even just like the post 🙂