#amway #weekend #friday #grateful #blessed
This could explain the increase in popularity of information graphs. After reading yet another great site on how to generate more traffic to your blog, they suggested using them…here is my first attempt. These could get fun 🙂
I mentioned in an earlier post that in my search to finds ways to generate more traffic to my blog, I came across the concept of guest blogging, and it seemed great! They highly recommended it.
I have finally had enough time to go back and do further investigation on this “guest blogging” idea and what I found was a whole lot of controversy. So much controversy that even Google is involved.
Here is how I saw guest blogging working;
- You would look for high traffic quality websites that allow guest bloggers.
- You would apply with a well written piece.
- They accept! Let’s be positive here J
- They post your piece and it is now exposed to their much larger following than your own blog.
- Those followers fall in love with what you wrote click through to your site from the host site and start following you!! Yay!!
Love it, so simple! Not so fast…
Here is what Matt Cutts – Head of Google’s Webspam team had to say about Guest Blogging, February, 2014.
“Okay, I’m calling it: if you’re using guest blogging as a way to gain links in 2014, you should probably stop. Why? Because over time it’s become a more and more spammy practice, and if you’re doing a lot of guest blogging then you’re hanging out with really bad company.”
As you imagine this statement stopped me in my tracks, I needed to go back and do further investigation. I have no idea what “gaining links” is and how does guest blocking lead to spamming?
Here is what Wikipedia says about Blog Spamming –
“Spam in blogs is done by posting (usually automatically) random comments, copying material from elsewhere that is not original, or promoting commercial services to blogs, wikis, guestbooks, or other publicly accessible online discussion boards.
Adding links that point to the spammer’s web site artificially increases the site’s search engine ranking on those where the popularity of the URL contributes to its implied value, an example algorithm would be the PageRank algorithm as used by Google Search. An increased ranking often results in the spammer’s commercial site being listed ahead of other sites for certain searches, increasing the number of potential visitors and paying customers.”
So how do you stay out of trouble with Google?
- Write high quality guest posts.
- If you write for more then one website use unique posts for each one.
- Pick sites that relate to your blog, this will allow natural and appropriate linking.
- Most importantly, build relationships not links.
Am I discouraged from trying Guest Blogging? Believe it or not, I am still going to give it a try.
For one thing, I have no desire to trick anyone into following my blog or joining my challenge. Secondly and most accurately, I wouldn’t even know where or how to start to game Google or any other search engine. And for the effort it would take me or anyone else to learn these skills, we can instead be building real connections in support of our business efforts.
After all Google wants us to be successful on the internet, they just want us to do it an honest ethical manner, I think that is what we all want.
Happy Friday Night everyone! Have a great weekend!
If you know anyone who would find this blog useful, helpful or interesting please share.
Would love to hear any of your thoughts on Guest Blogging!! Feel free to leave a comment.
Can I help 20 people make at least 1000$ this year, using only social media? Does this sound familiar?
If you have been following my blog you will probably recognize that it is a slight variation of my original goal of making 20K in the next year, selling Amway through Social Marketing.
It was brought to my attention through a follower blogger, who I don’t know, that I would probably gain more traction if I offered to help others make money. Duh, any strategic business person should realize that their audience needs to see “What’s in it for me?”
How did I miss this??
So What is in it for you?…I would like to help you make at least 1000$ over the next year selling by Amway products and supporting others who may want the same opportunity and so on and so on 🙂
Let me be upfront;
1. It’s Amway.
2. You will need to work hard.
3. You will never need to solicit your friends and family unless you want to.
4. If you don’t plan on talking to friends and family you will need to be tech savy and have a background in social media.
5. There is 166$ upfront fee that covers your starter kit, which is totally 100% refundable if you are not happy.
6. Yes, you should probably buy and use products. Just products that makes sense to you, don’t over buy or spend.
7. I will support you the entire way.
I wrote a post a few weeks ago summarizing this opportunity that you may find helpful. Check it out here.
I am beyond excited about this new challenge, looking forward to working with you!
Please go to my contact page and send me a message
Special THANK YOU to Russ for taking the time to read my blog and such great advice!
Have a great evening!
as always please like, share and or follow my blog.
For todays post I am defining success in the monetary sense. Financial success is just one of the many measures
that I strive towards, in what I feel is my own personal success.
I think you probably know that I am going to say “YES” to the question. A resounding yes, and here is why I feel this way.
1.Clear thinking in middle of chaos.
How many times at work are you under pressure to meet a deadline, come in on budget, deal with complex employee relation issues. We have all been there. Meditating even just 10 minutes a day can help you feel relaxed, focused and calm during moments of crisis. You learn to detach yourself from the situation and see it rationally instead of emotionally.
2. Better strategic thinker.
To me being strategic is simply being more creative and meditating can give you creativity in spades. Meditating allows you to quiet your mind of the same thoughts you have over and over again. Rarely do we have new thoughts, which makes it very difficult to be creative and thus strategic. Allow your mind to stop the chatter and allow new creativity in.
3. Stronger people skills.
Being able to connect with people is the key to success, especially when you are in sales. Meditating teaches us to live in a space of non judgement. This non judgement allows us to listen and to see people for who they really are, not what our perceptions are. Have you ever met someone and immediately formed a judgment about them, but once you got to know them you felt totally different? Meditating can help avoid the up front judgement and get right to the heart of person you are working with, avoiding a lot of wasted time and energy.
4. Overcoming our fears!
Not everyone will admit but there are many times in our professional career when we go out on a limb in hopes that what we are doing, proposing or working towards will be accepted. I experience this every time I am required to send an email to a large audience. Will they accept my concept? Does my concept even make sense? Fear can hold us back from meeting out goals and taking new steps. Meditation has given me a confidence in myself that I didn’t know I had. If there is ever anything in my life that I am not 100% confident with, I will meditate on it, more specifically I will visualize my success during my mediation practice. This is not a new concepts, athletes use it all the time but it is very useful for everyone and for anything you are trying to accomplish. Try it, it works!
If you are interested in trying meditation, you tube is full of wonderful guided meditations to get you started. There is no need to spend even a penny to meditate!
Also Deepak Chopra just started a 21 day on line meditation you may want to try, https://chopracentermeditation.com/experience
As always, I would love it if you would share my blog with your friends and please follow along.
Thanks to all of you who currently follow me, I am very grateful!!
Have a great evening!
I love capitalism, I am not afraid to say it but I also love meditating, yoga and yes even social programs, after all I live in Canada. We pay some of the highest income taxes in the world, is it perfect?, no however I think our heart is the right place. Lol, I pretty sure about half of you reading this right now think I am crazy!!
Since starting this project I have been a bit disappointed by what I have come across.
Here is my number one piece of advice, “if it seems to good to be true, walk away!” Run! Don’t sign up, don’t give them even 10$!!
I am amazed at the number of sites dedicated to selling you, not products but a dream of becoming rich. Ads that quote statistics of the their top earners making millions in just 2 years or less. They are taking advantage of those who are in a temporary time in their life where they are desperate for money and are easily swayed by unrealistic promises and results.
I hate being on a soap box, I have no interest in under cutting anyone or taking away from their right to make a living. But in case you are tempted to sign up for those slick marketing promotions, at least ask yourself these questions first:
1. Are they promising unrealistic results, too good to be true?
2. Is there a pressure to sign up right away?
3. Is the advertising full of people holding bundles of money, lounging on yachts?, you get the idea.
4. Do they ask for your credit card information for their free trial?
5. Do they promise instant results?
Do your home work, research the internet, read articles, watch you tube videos, but go with your gut. Dream big, have large expectations for yourself, but trust your inner voice.
Enough gloom and doom, it’s Friday after all. I just want my message to be, you can have great success and make money and still do it with integrity and with yours and others best interest at heart.
Remember, what we put out into the universe is what we get back!
Have a great long weekend everyone!
As always please feel free to share my blog, like it, and if you think I am totally wrong leave a comment 🙂 I love all perspectives, it is the only way to grow.
It’s Friday! almost midnight and I am just now getting down to write this blog. Small issue, I am not sure I have anything to say today, so instead I will give you a few updates and maybe a few tips and tricks I have learned this last week.
1. I am now officially at 20 followers of my Blog and I will admit one of them is my daughter! You will see my follow count on the top right hand side, however it only shows those folks following that have a WordPress account, the other followers submitted their emails and you will just have to trust me when I say there are 7 more.
2. Though WordPress and I didn’t get off to a great start, I love this blogging platform!! You may have noticed a few changes:
- I have a new theme because I wanted a side bar with widgets, who knew they didn’t all come with a sidebar? I guess I should have, and I would have if I had taken the time to read all the features of the different themes I reviewed.
- It’s now much easier for you to share my brilliance with your other social media sites and even email. You will see my new pretty little icons at the bottom of each of my posts. Please please consider using even just one, or all 🙂
- I have added my blog count on the right hand side so everyone can celebrate along with me as the traffic to my site grows. Well actually today it was very slow but it was Friday after all.
- You can now see my Instagram pictures on the sidebar, yay!
- My Twitter feed is now on the side bar, you can easily see how great Twitter followers have been to me!
- I created a new page within my blog called Pinterest where you can easily see all the great products Amway sells. I LOVE this page. I am very visual and I simply love all the pics and how organized it all looks.
3. I am 1781 Twitter followers and I my account has not been suspended in over 24 hours, progress! I could rant all evening about the Twitter suspensions but really what can I do about it.
4. I have now reviewed the skin care, hair care, body care and the weight management products on my Amway site and I must say my shopping basket is filling up. They honestly have so many products that I am currently buying and the retail price is what I am already spending or lower in many cases. They have this Sea Salt Popcorn, 110 calories a package and I can’t wait to try it!
5. If you google “Amway Epirement” I am now on the front page, the 8th one in fact! And hopefully I can move up ahead of the 4 negative Amway posts!
Well it’s all I got. It;s going to be another beautiful weekend here in the Maritimes and we are headed back out on the water, so I will be back at on Monday.
As always please follow, share, like my blog and it’s now super easy, you just have to press on the icons below.
Have a great weekend and thanks for all the support!
ps, I am to tired to proof read, so there may be a few typos until I can look at this in the morning, feel free to leave a comment if you notice one 🙂
Day 3 and it’s Friday and I am going to be honest, thank goodness for the weekend! And you know what? I am taking the weekend off 🙂 We have an entire weekend of fun on the water. Boating, tubing, paddle boarding, Lobster fishing and eating, Scallop Festival, live music…if you haven’t guessed it, I live on the East Coast, of Canada and love it!!
To be even more honest I am exhausted, this social media stuff is hard work!! Friday seems to have been a slow day out there in the internet world, I have however managed to increase my Twitter followers to just over 800, and my Blog has had 160 views, with 2 followers and 2 comments! I have to admit I was very excited for those follows and comments, thank you to those who have participated, it means a lot!
I guess for now the plan is slow and steady, I am wondering what the tipping point is? How many Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram/Blog followers do I require before those sites automatically generate unsolicited followers? I am starting to see progress with Twitter, I got many unsolicited followers today, probably about double from yesterday. Pinterest seems to be one for one, with followers, although I still haven’t quit mapped out exactly how I will leverage Pinterest and not 100% confident in how effective it will be for selling a product. I may need to look at other options. Instagram is on the back burner until my products and start up package arrives, I really only want to use real pictures of product I use and pictures I take.
I wish I had more words of wisdom but at the end of day 3, I am pretty proud of myself and how much I have accomplished in the short time. I am looking forward to the weekend in the sun.
And once I again I can’t express how grateful I am for the number of people who followed me, retweeted for me, and sent me words of encouragement. #feelingblessed
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Here are the paddle boards I will on all weekend!! #workingonatan 🙂