Video Posted on Updated on
http://www.amway.ca/karenulmanis Easily view products
For those of you who follow my blog you may notice I have changed themes, again.
I am really starting to see good traffic flow through to the site, I am now up to 79 followers! Thank you so much for following my blog, I am beyond grateful.
For those with a blog, like me you probably review your stats page. What I am noticing is though I am getting a lot of traffic to my posts, I am not getting a lot of people going to the other pages, and specifically the products page. This page is obviously important as I am trying to sell a product.
So I needed to find ways to show case the Amway products. I tried posting them to the blog as you would have noticed a few blogs ago, the gallery feature is pretty cool. However I don’t find it fits in the blog section. I feel it takes away from the content I am posting. By changing the theme, I was able to find a free one that positions the titles of my other pages in a more visible area.
I am already seeing results, far more repeat visitors today and they are clicking on the other pages. Perfect!
This actually was a little bit of work, here are a few mistakes I made, hopefully this will help you avoid them;
- Not all font sizes are created equal – The font size with this theme is much to small. It could just be my 45 year old eyes, but I needed to change it. I could have upgraded for 30$ and been able to customize it a bit but I still couldn’t get the font size I wanted. Luckily you can google anything and find a solution. A little HTML added in text mode solved my problem. However I have to go back and add it to all my previous post. Bare with me, I won’t have it all done today. ( and just writing this post was more work then I want, so chose a theme with a font you can live with)
- Sidebars – be sure to really make changes in the preview mode. Not all side bars are the same and many have limited functionality and may not display the way you want them to. So be sure to test it out first. You can make changes to your blog in preview mode and easily exit out without making permanent changes.
- Widgets – be prepared to lose some of your widgets, some of them were still there but many were gone and I had to re add them. You may want to take note of the widgets you already have. It’s not the end of the world but took time setting them all back up.
- Advertising – Though I haven’t done this yet and can’t decide if I want to or not, you should look for themes that have 3 columns so you have room to advertise on the both sides of your page. You may also want to have a theme with room at the top for ads.
- Comments – I only noticed after I changed the theme and made my adjustments that it is not as easy to leave a comment with this theme. With the previous theme, the comment box was on the home page with each post. with this theme you will need to click on the post title, scroll to the bottom and leave your comment there. I am not sure how long I will be able to live with this option but we will see.
Hopefully this will be the last theme I have, well at least for a while. I actually think freshening up our blogs is a great idea. Maybe just not 3 themes in 1 month!
Have a great evening everyone! and again thank you for following.
I know I blog about a lot of different topics and all very relevant to this challenge, however I don’t want to lose site of the high quality products Amway has to offer.
So check them out, contact me if you are interested in buying any of these or other Amway products at a discount.
Have a great night everyone!
Would love to read your feedback. 🙂 and if you know anyone who maybe interested in extra income, please share my blog with them.
This could explain the increase in popularity of information graphs. After reading yet another great site on how to generate more traffic to your blog, they suggested using them…here is my first attempt. These could get fun 🙂
I mentioned in an earlier post that in my search to finds ways to generate more traffic to my blog, I came across the concept of guest blogging, and it seemed great! They highly recommended it.
I have finally had enough time to go back and do further investigation on this “guest blogging” idea and what I found was a whole lot of controversy. So much controversy that even Google is involved.
Here is how I saw guest blogging working;
- You would look for high traffic quality websites that allow guest bloggers.
- You would apply with a well written piece.
- They accept! Let’s be positive here J
- They post your piece and it is now exposed to their much larger following than your own blog.
- Those followers fall in love with what you wrote click through to your site from the host site and start following you!! Yay!!
Love it, so simple! Not so fast…
Here is what Matt Cutts – Head of Google’s Webspam team had to say about Guest Blogging, February, 2014.
“Okay, I’m calling it: if you’re using guest blogging as a way to gain links in 2014, you should probably stop. Why? Because over time it’s become a more and more spammy practice, and if you’re doing a lot of guest blogging then you’re hanging out with really bad company.”
As you imagine this statement stopped me in my tracks, I needed to go back and do further investigation. I have no idea what “gaining links” is and how does guest blocking lead to spamming?
Here is what Wikipedia says about Blog Spamming –
“Spam in blogs is done by posting (usually automatically) random comments, copying material from elsewhere that is not original, or promoting commercial services to blogs, wikis, guestbooks, or other publicly accessible online discussion boards.
Adding links that point to the spammer’s web site artificially increases the site’s search engine ranking on those where the popularity of the URL contributes to its implied value, an example algorithm would be the PageRank algorithm as used by Google Search. An increased ranking often results in the spammer’s commercial site being listed ahead of other sites for certain searches, increasing the number of potential visitors and paying customers.”
So how do you stay out of trouble with Google?
- Write high quality guest posts.
- If you write for more then one website use unique posts for each one.
- Pick sites that relate to your blog, this will allow natural and appropriate linking.
- Most importantly, build relationships not links.
Am I discouraged from trying Guest Blogging? Believe it or not, I am still going to give it a try.
For one thing, I have no desire to trick anyone into following my blog or joining my challenge. Secondly and most accurately, I wouldn’t even know where or how to start to game Google or any other search engine. And for the effort it would take me or anyone else to learn these skills, we can instead be building real connections in support of our business efforts.
After all Google wants us to be successful on the internet, they just want us to do it an honest ethical manner, I think that is what we all want.
Happy Friday Night everyone! Have a great weekend!
If you know anyone who would find this blog useful, helpful or interesting please share.
Would love to hear any of your thoughts on Guest Blogging!! Feel free to leave a comment.
Can I help 20 people make at least 1000$ this year, using only social media? Does this sound familiar?
If you have been following my blog you will probably recognize that it is a slight variation of my original goal of making 20K in the next year, selling Amway through Social Marketing.
It was brought to my attention through a follower blogger, who I don’t know, that I would probably gain more traction if I offered to help others make money. Duh, any strategic business person should realize that their audience needs to see “What’s in it for me?”
How did I miss this??
So What is in it for you?…I would like to help you make at least 1000$ over the next year selling by Amway products and supporting others who may want the same opportunity and so on and so on 🙂
Let me be upfront;
1. It’s Amway.
2. You will need to work hard.
3. You will never need to solicit your friends and family unless you want to.
4. If you don’t plan on talking to friends and family you will need to be tech savy and have a background in social media.
5. There is 166$ upfront fee that covers your starter kit, which is totally 100% refundable if you are not happy.
6. Yes, you should probably buy and use products. Just products that makes sense to you, don’t over buy or spend.
7. I will support you the entire way.
I wrote a post a few weeks ago summarizing this opportunity that you may find helpful. Check it out here.
I am beyond excited about this new challenge, looking forward to working with you!
Please go to my contact page and send me a message
Special THANK YOU to Russ for taking the time to read my blog and such great advice!
Have a great evening!
as always please like, share and or follow my blog.
For todays post I am defining success in the monetary sense. Financial success is just one of the many measures
that I strive towards, in what I feel is my own personal success.
I think you probably know that I am going to say “YES” to the question. A resounding yes, and here is why I feel this way.
1.Clear thinking in middle of chaos.
How many times at work are you under pressure to meet a deadline, come in on budget, deal with complex employee relation issues. We have all been there. Meditating even just 10 minutes a day can help you feel relaxed, focused and calm during moments of crisis. You learn to detach yourself from the situation and see it rationally instead of emotionally.
2. Better strategic thinker.
To me being strategic is simply being more creative and meditating can give you creativity in spades. Meditating allows you to quiet your mind of the same thoughts you have over and over again. Rarely do we have new thoughts, which makes it very difficult to be creative and thus strategic. Allow your mind to stop the chatter and allow new creativity in.
3. Stronger people skills.
Being able to connect with people is the key to success, especially when you are in sales. Meditating teaches us to live in a space of non judgement. This non judgement allows us to listen and to see people for who they really are, not what our perceptions are. Have you ever met someone and immediately formed a judgment about them, but once you got to know them you felt totally different? Meditating can help avoid the up front judgement and get right to the heart of person you are working with, avoiding a lot of wasted time and energy.
4. Overcoming our fears!
Not everyone will admit but there are many times in our professional career when we go out on a limb in hopes that what we are doing, proposing or working towards will be accepted. I experience this every time I am required to send an email to a large audience. Will they accept my concept? Does my concept even make sense? Fear can hold us back from meeting out goals and taking new steps. Meditation has given me a confidence in myself that I didn’t know I had. If there is ever anything in my life that I am not 100% confident with, I will meditate on it, more specifically I will visualize my success during my mediation practice. This is not a new concepts, athletes use it all the time but it is very useful for everyone and for anything you are trying to accomplish. Try it, it works!
If you are interested in trying meditation, you tube is full of wonderful guided meditations to get you started. There is no need to spend even a penny to meditate!
Also Deepak Chopra just started a 21 day on line meditation you may want to try, https://chopracentermeditation.com/experience
As always, I would love it if you would share my blog with your friends and please follow along.
Thanks to all of you who currently follow me, I am very grateful!!
Have a great evening!
Click on the picture to the right that shows Canada’s Food Guide. I am assuming it would closely follow other countries guidelines.
In theory it looks great, but if we really studied our diet for one week, I believe even the healthiest of us would struggle to meet these recommendations.
Lets look at the definition of supplement – “something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.”
That is the key, supplements are not meant to replace healthy eating but are there to enhance or support our diets.
Take this quick test to see if you ate even enough of just your recommended vegetable and fruits today
Amway offers a wide variety of safe vitamins to supplement your diet. CLICK HERE to have a look. It’s always best to work with your health professionals when making these types of decision.
Hope this post was helpful 😉 Have a great evening!
Please note; this information isn’t meant to replace a health professionals recommendation, as these are solely my opinions.